Most of our trip was spent visiting friends and family. It's so nice that he is getting older and enjoys going places rather than sleeping all day long, although he is still very good at that. Our first stop was a surprise visit to the family salon. I have always called my grandma "Tootle" and I'm pretty sure she has hated it the entire time, so she will be renamed "Big Nanny." Hahah!
Aunt Karen got some cuddle time in, too, in between hair cuts.
Then, we went to Nana's house, where we were greeted by Mikki, a family friend. She had made Reagan a beautiful quilt!
Later in the week, we went to Granny Tabor's house for lunch, which we call "dinner" in the South. It goes Breakfast, Dinner, and Supper. Anyway, I have always talked about how much food we have at a normal dinner, but now I can finally prove it. On the first table was mac 'n' cheese, ham, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn bread, pinto beans, rolls, yams, fried okra, turkey, roast, and chicken 'n dumplings.
At the second table was sliced tomatoes, cole slaw, deviled eggs, green onions, and salad.
At the dessert table was (all homemade, of course) chocolate cake with hot fudge, banana cake with icing, molasses cookies, ice cream and pecan tarts.
After stuffing our faces and even going back for seconds, Reagan spent some time with his Uncle Bruce and Aunt Janet.
On our last day, we went and visited my Great Granny Tabor in the nursing home.
Funny conversation while there:
Granny: "My birthday is coming up, you know."
Cousin Sharon: "How old will you be?"
Granny: "74"
Cousin Sharon: "Do you mean 94?"
Granny: "NOOOO."
Me: "That would be way too old wouldn't it Granny?"
Granny: "Yeah."
Also, while there we ran into Reagan's Great Grandmom, while working. She is my dad's ex-wife's mother. She has always kept in touch and stayed in my life:)
Last but not least, while at my mom's house, I came across some old pictures of me. Even though Reagan looks just like his daddy, I can see some similarities. Maybe it's just wishful thinking....
I can see you in Reagan also. You will always be the cutest little girl ever. Reagan is a wonderful blend of his mommy & daddy. I wish I could have more cuddle time (like every day). Love Aunt Karen
ReplyDeletePS Come back Soon!!
You were soooo cute as a baby and even more beautiful now. I love the pictures
ReplyDelete