Happy Birthday to my love! I promised Matthew that I would come back to Lynchburg on his birthday, so that's just what we did. Pa, Reagan, and I left Tennessee early in the morning and arrived around 3ish. I had planned a party that night for 6pm, so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting everything ready. It was perfect though. Our guests of honor included Sarahann, Jay, Jimmy, Ashley, and my dad. I just realized that I have no pictures of any of them. Great hostess, right? Haha!
Sarahann and Jay gave Matthew some old albums so he could melt them into artistic pieces. Fiddler on the Roof was significant, because Matthew was in that musical years ago. Awesome gift, guys!
The rest were from me.
New swimming trunks. Get him anything BLUE and he will be happy. Haha!
Oh, and notice all the girly bags -- Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Aerie....poor guy.
New BLUE button down
Okay, this next gift turned out to be really funny. Matthew told me a while back that he wanted a blow gun, so as a surprise to him, I have been hunting high and low for one and finally found one at Target. Well, unfortunately it couldn't be ordered online and was only available in certain locations, so my dad and I finally found a Target in Knoxville, Tennessee that sold this particular item. I was SOOOO excited and just knew that he would be thrilled and blown away that I had gotten him the blow gun, and don't forget the extra ammo pack. Well, needless to say, it was a joke the entire night, because the gun that he really wanted was a legit, adult blow gun that you blow darts through and I got him an age 8+ plastic blow gun that shoots spit wads with plastic safety glasses. WHAT WAS I THINKING?????
Last but not least, we sang Happy Birthday and had some cake.
And, of course, he used his new blow gun to blow out his six measely candles.
Yum Yum!
My dad's famous chicken wings, baked beans, and mashed potatoes
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATTHEW!!
REAGAN AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!
(Matthew as a baby, with his big brother, Jonathan)
I had asked Nanny if Matthew was getting a blow gun like Jared's from the Army store that shots needle darts, and she said "Oh no, he wanted the kind that is for spit wads". Too funny. Poor Matthew, you should learn to call Aunt Karen for any kind of weapons. We have a great army store here. HaHa
ReplyDelete