Welcome!

'Unforeseen Expectations' is a blog documenting the life of the three Schallmo's: Kelly, Matthew & Reagan.

We have a new addition to the family. Our first-born son, Reagan is our most recent unforeseen expectation of God's blessings. Join us on our journey...we don't know what to expect.

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Birth of Reagan Cope Schallmo

The events of 11/25/11 - 12/2/11 were exhausting (especially for Kelly and Reagan). Here is a summary of what transpired in anticipation of the delivery of Reagan Cope Schallmo.

 Reagan didn't come on his due date, so Kelly walked around Peaksview Park to move him along. This was on the 25th of November (due day)


Three days after the due date passed we went to the Doctors to see what's taking so long... Apparently Reagan was BREECH!!! He was facing the wrong direction - thanks for telling us now!

 Kelly is not excited to have a due date scheduled! She is going to now have a C-Section on Wednesday (or sooner if it is an emergency)

We are in the hospital 5 hours after Kelly's doctor appt because her contractions were so intense. The doctor said to go into the hospital to get checked out. Unfortunately the hospital staff didn't want to do the C-Section that night because Kelly ate 2 potato chips earlier in the day. Now we have to go home - boo!!!

 10 hours later, the contractions were so bad we thought Kelly was in active labor. We showed up to the hospital again. The doctors then decided Kelly was ready to have an emergency C-Section!!! We knew she wouldn't be able to make it another day until the "scheduled" C-Section. 

Kelly was getting her spinal when I was waiting in the wings... I'd make a cool doctor right???

I walked into the surgery room to see that Kelly was already opened up.  

 Be careful Doc!


It wasn't 3 minutes after I got into the room when we heard crying. Was that our baby??
Poor guy was so cold and confused... his world just got a whole lot brighter and loud.

BIG BABY!! and swollen baby. lol

I walked from the delivery center to the Mother and Baby center where I made sure nobody mistreated my boy. They were great to him... we were really blessed.

Proud Daddy

Huge hat!

 This was the first time Kelly held her son. She was still in the Trauma Room.

Lemon face

2nd time I got to hold my boy.



Mommy and baby are tired!!

 Kelly's parents are so proud!



This boy is so loved already!

 Take a load off Reagan - you've had a tough day.

 Grandparents!!


 This is my favorite picture - probably because these are the two most important people in the world to me (Dad & Husband)


 Papa - Terry Cope               &              Nanny - Anne Stout





We are two proud parents.

 Mommy is moments away from leaving the hospital soaking in the joy of being a mother.

Skinny mini - 1 week after this shot, kelly lost 30 lbs! Crazy right...

Our first family picture

He finally opened his eyes!

We are on the ride home. I can't believe the hospital let us leave. lol

The first encounter of the siblings... lol 
They made a pact at that point to get along and team up on the parents. 

What a day - We are exhausted (and kelly is drugged up).

Reagan in his stoic pose says, "Its all new, but I'm getting used to it."

1 comment:

Tell us what you think!