Welcome!

'Unforeseen Expectations' is a blog documenting the life of the three Schallmo's: Kelly, Matthew & Reagan.

We have a new addition to the family. Our first-born son, Reagan is our most recent unforeseen expectation of God's blessings. Join us on our journey...we don't know what to expect.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you probably already know, we are having a GIRL!!! Back when we were dating, we had already picked out a girl's name, so as soon as she said "It's a girl" we knew that her name was going to be Gracelyn Marie Schallmo.  Marie has been carried down for generations, so I wanted her to have it, too.  




Reagan even got a picture with the doctor who delivered him:)


Here she is:)  Look at that cute nose.


Love those legs.


Here is a picture of Reagan as a comparison.


This is a very special part of our family.  Reagan and Gracelyn both have their very own journals that we write in monthly, designed as love letters.  Her nursery colors will be black, gray, yellow, and white, so I found a fabric with those colors that I could use.


The fabric came in a pack of 30 of all different designs 5 inches by 5 inches.  I am at a loss as to what I can do with these.  I have thought about a crib skirt, framed art, etc... Anyway, for any of you crafty people out there, if you have any ideas, please share:)  I don't want to waste all of this cute fabric.


Then, of course the next day I had to go out and buy her first outfit.  I shopped the summer clearance rack at a local consignment shop and managed to get these for $1 a piece:)  As you can see, someone is already jealous...


The below picture is of a lamp that I got at Goodwill a while back for $4.  The second I brought it home, Matthew HATED it.  I told him that if we were having a girl that it WAS going in her nursery.  Needless to say, he has tried to give it away to every visitor we have had and luckily no one wants it, so it gets to go in the nursery!!! Hehe!


Somebody has already been acting out......"Matthew"  Haha!! The end table magically turned over and the orchid and its porcelain vase fell to the ground, crumbling to pieces. 


I mean, how could this face turn over a table without me watching;)  
Check out the top teeth and snazzy dress shirt (Thank you, Hodgkins)!!!





















4 comments:

  1. Glue the fabric to a board, frame it and make an art piece. Love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I didn't expect you to see the blog so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Nanny. I love all of the pictures. Who does Gracelyn Marie look like, Nanny or Nana, Matthew or Kelly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I'm hoping for a little Kelly since Reagan looks so much like Matthew. She definitely has a button nose, so it's looking good for me so far. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!